Magical Switzerland (Winter 2020 2021)
Magical Switzerland – Winter 2020 2021
Experience Christmas like never before, as you admire snow-laden Alpine peaks, traditional markets and sparkling lakes with a highlight experience aboard the famous Glacier Express.
- Geneva: You will be delighted with a delicious fondue dinner at the local restaurant, Le Petit Chalet, it’s a real Swiss treat.
- Dining Summary: 6 Breakfasts (B), 1 Lunch (L) and 4 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee. Departures travelling during Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve will enjoy festive Highlight Dinners which will replace an included meal.
- Chillon Castle: With a Local Expert, visit beautiful Chillon Castle, an architectural jewel set on the shores of Lake Geneva. At this former home of the Dukes of Savoy, go back through time and hear how in 1816, the castle inspired Lord Byron to write the poem ‘The Prisoner of Chillon’ following his walk through the dungeons.
Top Rated Highlights
- Christmas Markets: Lose yourself in the festive atmosphere of Christmas, where you can shop for local delicacies and try the heart-warming Glühwein. Explore on select departures.
- Winter Magic: Enjoy the majestic beauty, snowy peaks and crystal clear waters of the lakes.
- Lucerne: See the covered wooden bridges, Lion Monument, Jesuit Church and Chapel Bridge.
- St. Moritz: Indulge in the glitz and glamour of the fashionable ski resort of the rich and famous.
- Glacier Express: Travel aboard the world famous Glacier Express for a spectacular ride through the heart of the Swiss Alps. From your panoramic viewing car, watch picturesque landscapes of ice-capped mountains and stone-built villages glide by.
- Zermatt: Board the cogwheel train which takes you to the traffic-free haven of Zermatt at the foot of the Matterhorn.
- Montreux: Enjoy time to stroll along the lakeside promenade.
- Geneva: See Jet d’Eau, United Nations Building and Reformation Monument.
- Scenic Drives: Marvel at the winter wonderland of passing landscapes as you travel through the Walensee and Grisons regions, through the Rhône Valley and along Lake Geneva.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Zürich and Lovely Lucerne.
Lucerne and St. Moritz.
St. Moritz at Leisure.
Aboard the Glacier Express.
Zermatt, Matterhorn Village.
Chillon Castle and Geneva.